Certified Disaster Response & Recovery Manager
Business Continuity and Disaster Response and Recovery is the process of preparing processes, policies, and procedures that follow in the event of a significant and unplanned operational disruption. The Certified Disaster Response and Recovery Manager training course prepares students for industry certification in Business Continuity planning and Disaster Recovery missions.
As businesses face a wide range of daily risks – including cyber-attacks, human error, technical failures, and natural disasters – it is vital they create practical plans to sustain their security posture, financial health, and industry and brand reputation to maintain long-term success. Students will cover topics such as: BCP Design and Development Strategies, Selection of Risk Management Frameworks, Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis Strategies, Creating Asset Inventories and Resource Profiles, Recovery Site Management and Workflows, Reviewing Cloud Computing Service Agreements, Cloud Data Security Strategies, and the Impact of Legal Requirements on Cloud Storage Solutions.
Course Outline and Learning Objectives
01) Introduction to Disaster Response Management
02) Overview of The Business Impact Analysis
03) Selection of Risk Management Frameworks
04) Qualitative and Quantitative Analysis Strategies
05) Implementing the 5 Levels of BCP Test Progression
06) Creating an Emergency Operations Plan
07) Recovery Site Management and Workflows
08) Preparing for Epidemics and Pandemics
09) Introduction to Cloud Computing Concepts
10) Cloud Data Storage and Security
11) Cloud Security Risks and Threat Vectors
12) Cloud Security Responsibility and Administration
13) Distributed Cloud Networks: Legal Considerations
14) Regulation and Compliance in Cloud Computing
15) Understanding the Structure of Legal Contracts
16) Reviewing Contracts and Service Level Agreements
Course Exam Simulator
Exam Prep Guide
CEU Completion Certificate
USB Drives, Pens, Pads
40 CPE Credits
Ask About Our Training Discounts
Phase2 Advantage offers discounts to non-profit organizations, federal agencies, law enforcement personnel, and the military affiliate community. We also offer group discounts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your organization qualifies for one or more of our discount programs.
The Certified Disaster Response and Recovery Manager course is a component of the career progression track that supports the following Categories, Specialty Areas and Work Roles as defined by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework:
Average Yearly Salary:
Upon completion of this course, students will be prepared to sit for the Disaster Response and Recovery Manager certification examination. A proctored examination will be offered at the conclusion of the final training day consisting of True/False, Multiple Choice, and Fill in the Blank questions.
Students will have two hours to complete a computer-based examination consisting of 100 questions. A score of 70% or higher is required to earn the certification. Upon successful completion of the exam, students will receive a hardcopy of their certification and a proctor validation document from the course instructor. Students will also receive a 40-hour CPE Certificate regardless of their exam score.
The examination is “open book.” However, students will only be allowed to use reference materials and notes presented during the course. Proctored examinations and proctor validation documents are only available for courses taken in a physical classroom environment.