Certified Darknet Intelligence Collection Manager
As sensitive personal and financial data continue to be targeted in sophisticated compromises, the emergence of Darknet markets has provided malicious actors with a safe haven for conducting illegal transactions. The ability to locate stolen data, maintain anonymity, collect evidence, and identify malicious actors is crucial to Threat Intelligence programs.
The Certified Darknet Intelligence Collection Manager certification course brings Intelligence Collection core competencies to advanced levels by presenting students with 16 detailed learning objectives. Students will be provided with the knowledge and the practical skills needed to navigate and investigate the Darknet’s markets, communities, and forums. With a specific focus on intelligence collection and the use of crypto-currencies, students will cover topics such as Tor Websites and Hidden Services, Darknet Markets and Services, Digital Money and E-Wallets, and Fundamentals of Blockchain Technology. Practical lab exercises cover a variety of topics relevant to Darknet investigations.
Due to the possibility of exposure to potentially objectionable content during the practical lab exercises component of the Certified Darknet Intelligence Collection Manager course, all attendees must sign and submit an indemnification agreement to attend this training. To view and download the indemnification agreement, please click here.
Course Outline and Learning Objectives
01) The Deep Web vs. The Darknet
02) History and Evolution of the Darknet
03) Introduction to the Tor Browser
04) Tor Websites and Hidden Services
05) Risks of Accessing the Darknet
06) Securely Navigating the Darknet
07) Overview of Darknet Search Engines
08) Searching and Using Tor Hidden Wikis
09) Darknet Forums and Communities
10) Fundamentals of Blockchain Technology
11) Introduction to Crypto-Currencies
12) Overview of Digital Money and E-Wallets
13) Buying and Selling Crypto-Currencies
14) Darknet Markets and Services
15) Purchasing Products and Services
16) Threat Intelligence Collection Principles
Darknet Lab Exercises
01) Virtual Machine Setup in Kali Linux
02) The Tor Browser User Interface
03) Accessing Darknet Search Engines
04) Searching Tor Hidden Wikis
05) Accessing Darknet Forums
06) Accessing Darknet Communities
07) Using Crypto-Currency Exchanges
08) Creating E-Wallets for Digital Currency
09) Purchasing Products and Services
10) Intelligence Collection Principles
Laptop with Lab Software Included
All students attending the Certified Darknet Intelligence Collection Manager course will be provided with a Dell laptop loaded with all software required for the practical labs. The software includes:
1) Oracle Virtual Box
2) Kali Linux O/S
3) Tor Browser / Darknet Search Engines
4) Kali Tools Suite
5) Original ISO’s for VM Set-Up / Restoration
Students are encouraged to continue their course studies after the course completion. A laptop carrying case will be provided for convenient transport to the students’ home location.
Lecture / Lab Workbook
Dell Computer with Lab Software
Exam Prep Guide
Course Certification Certificate
CPE Completion Certificate
Certification Exam and Daily Lunches Included in Course Fee.
40 CPE Credits
Ask About Our Training Discounts
Phase2 Advantage offers discounts to non-profit organizations, federal agencies, law enforcement personnel, and the military affiliate community. We also offer group discounts. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your organization qualifies for one or more of our discount programs.
The Certified Darknet Intelligence Collection Manager course is a component of the career progression track that supports the following Categories, Specialty Areas and Work Roles as defined by the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework:
Average Yearly Salary:
Upon completion of this course, students will be prepared to sit for the Darknet Intelligence Collection Manager certification examination. A proctored examination will be offered at the conclusion of the final training day consisting of True/False, Multiple Choice, and Fill in the Blank questions.
Students will have two hours to complete a computer-based examination consisting of 100 questions. A score of 70% or higher is required to earn the certification. Upon successful completion of the exam, students will receive a hardcopy of their certification and a proctor validation document from the course instructor. Students will also receive a 40-hour CPE Certificate regardless of their exam score.
The examination is “open book.” However, students will only be allowed to use reference materials and notes presented during the course. Proctored examinations and proctor validation documents are only available for courses taken in a physical classroom environment.